The mission of SICD is to support social and economical development
by facilitating the development of clusters, innovations and innovation systems.
* University of Rwanda Innovation team members eye new partners to enrich their innovation projects
* SICD is the Swedish cooperating partner in the Rwandan program Innovation and use of research results as an Integral Part of UR Institutional Research Capacity Strengthening, a sub program on Innovation in the bilateral agreement with the University of Rwanda, see link. University of Rwanda is organized in 6 colleges. The present Sida supported bilateral agreement with the UR – Sweden Innovation sub program has been instrumental in the newly established Centre of Innovationen placed directly under the Vice Chancellor.
* SICD is the Swedish cooperating partner in the Sida funded Tanzanian program Fostering Innovation for Sustainable Socio Economic Development, 2017-2020. The other two partners are Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO).
* SICD proudly announces the new Doctor Carlos Acevedo, Blekinge istitute of Technology and his home university Umincersidad Major de San Simón, Cochabamba, Bolivia. His doctoral thesis is titled Developing Inclusive Innovation Processes and Co-Evolutionary University-Society Approaches in Bolivia, 2018, full text pdf.
* The book The Role of Universities in Inclusive Innovation – cluster development in East Africa, edited by Birgitta Rydhagen and Lena Trojer, published by Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, full text pdf
CLUSTERPEDIA free to download
SICD is originated from a collaboration between Swedish and East African partners since 2003 and Bolivian partners since 2007.
The collaboration between SICD and Pan-African Competitiveness Forum (PACF) was formalized by PACF Council in 2011.
Our acronym SICD now stands for Sustainability Innovations in Cooperation for Development. SICD is a cooperation body with R&D&I projects and programs presently hosted by Södertörn University and closely linked to Lund University and Blekinge Institute of Technology.
The host organizations of SICD
2004 – 2008
2008 – 2015
Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Research division of Technoscience Studies, Campus Karlshamn, Sweden.
2015 – 2016
Lund University, LU Open
Lund University, Centre for Innovation, Research and Competence in the Learning Economy (CIRCLE), Sweden.
Södertörn University, The School of Natural Sciences, Technology and Environmental Studies, Stockholm, Sweden.